We have a Designated Teacher for Looked after Children, Paul Newton, who works closely with the SENCO, Jo Minns, to ensure all teachers in school understand the implications for those children who are looked after and have SEN.
We work closely with LACES (Looked After Children Educational Support Services).
We promote and support the education of looked after children to raise academic achievement and remove barriers to learning.
- Follow the Personal Education Plan (PEP) for looked after children and young people in conjunction with the child, social workers, parents / carers
- Identify how the pupil premium will be allocated and used for the benefit of each looked after child
- Monitor the educational progress of looked after children and young people to make sure they have the opportunity to fulfil their potential
- Offer support and guidance to social workers regarding stability in educational placement to minimise school moves
- Ensure that looked after children and young people have their educational needs identified and met at the earliest opportunity
- Support the transition of each looked after child at key stages of education and between year groups.