Children learn and develop in different ways and may need extra help and support at various points throughout their time at school. Some children, at some time in their school life might have additional or different needs and it may be that they will be on our SEN register for a short period or a long period of time. However, children’s needs are frequently reassessed in order to ensure that the provision is suitable and supports every child’s development. We adapt the curriculum and learning environment for pupils with SEN:
Kelloe Primary School provides:
- Quality First Teaching where the teacher has the highest possible expectations for each child in their class.
- Quality First Teaching where reasonable adjustments are made within the class to meet the needs of individual pupils.
- A range of teaching styles to meet the different learning styles of all children
- Appropriate resources to meet the needs for each SEN area.
- A partnership with parents / carers, pupils and external agencies to provide for children with special educational needs and disabilities.
- A sensory room.
- Targeted interventions to meet individual needs to diminish the difference between them and their peers.
- A curriculum where all children with SEN are fully included in all activities.
More details on how we adapt information, our environment and curriculum can be found in the Accessibility Plan which you ca find in the School Policies section of our website.